Singin' in the Rain (1952) Encore Presentation August 2012



Singin' in the Rain (1952) comes to theaters in an encore presentation on Wednesday August 22, 2012 at  2pm and 7pm (local time).


Turner Classic Movies brings to the big screen the classic Betty Comden-Adolph Green musical about a 1920s silent screen star who must learn to reinvent himself when sound is introduced in films.

Gene Kelly plays our protagonist in this the 60th anniversary of the award-winning film. Debbie Reynolds and Jean Hagen battle for the handsome Lothario and Donald O'Connor is on hand to make 'em laugh.

Go to FathomEvents.com for tickets and details.

More on Gene Kelly:
Gene Kelly, Attorney at Law?
Gene Kelly's 100th Birthday Celebration
The Three Tenors Pay Tribute to Gene Kelly 
Quote of the Day: Gene Kelly




5 Comments:

  1. I am SO thrilled that they are doing an encore presentation! When they relased the film in July. I was stuck in miserable rehearsals for a God Awful show and resnted every minuet of having ot be there and not at the movies! The girlfriend and I have tickets and I hopes for tonights showing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So am I! Some of my relatives couldn't make it last time, but they can today. I hope you have fun, Mick.

    Cheers,

    Java

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this last week, with some reluctant relatives, and what a great time! It was almost like seeing this movie again for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was everything I hoped it would be! We sat in the 3rd row of the theater and practically quote the whole movie under out breath. It was great! We also saved our 60th Anniversary ticket stubbs to take to the Casablanca!

    ReplyDelete
  5. silverscreenings,

    How right you are! I had not realized, for instance, that Donald O'Connor's tie matches his eyes in the "Good Mornin'" number until I saw the film on the big screen.

    Also noticed that the red carnation on the gangster matches the red in Gene Kelly's tie in the "Gotta Dance" routine.

    Mick,
    I'm so glad! I hope you give the tickets a prominent place in your Casablanca. :)

    By the way, did you see TCM's presentation of Casablanca in theaters in the spring as well?
    It was great!


    - Java

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your contribution to Java's Journey.

 

About Java

"Java's Journey: A really fun, informative well-written blog that explores all of the things - and I mean all - I love about classic films."-- Flick Chick of A Person In The Dark Email: java-rush@hotmail.com

JOIN JAVA'S JOURNEY

Blog Archive

Writer's Block Doesn't Stand a Chance

http://javabeanrush.blogspot.com/2015/04/100ClassicMovieBlogPostIdeas.html