|Java Bean Rush|
What is this blog about, anyway?
Java Bean Rush is the name. This blog records Java's journey through classic movies. She reviews movies and biographies, explores film fashion, shares movie blogging news and personal accounts of what classic films have taught her.
Java's Journey has been linked by the New York Post .
Who reads this blog?
- Anyone who wants to learn about pre-1970s films. [I'm a classic movies amateur, so we'll learn together.]
- Anyone who wants to share something about pre-1970s films. [Just leave a note (or an essay, if you'd like) in the comments section. We'll talk.]
Where should I start on Java's Journey?
Here are a few popular blog posts:
- Cary Grant At The Movies - Film stars reminisce about their early cinema experiences.
- Classic Movies On The Radio - A brief history of when popular films were adapted for radio.
- Dancing With the Stars - Marge and Gower Champion in the "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" Number from Lovely to Look At.
- Judy Garland v. Deanna Durbin - a hot debate even in the 1940s.
- The Little Foxes (1941) - A review of the Bette Davis film.
- The Amazing Deanna Durbin Blog - Java is a contributor to Tom's blog about Universal Studios' top star of the '30s and '40s.
- Java's Vlog - A video blog that mostly experiments with video editing and discusses vlogging culture. Infrequently discusses classic movies.
What are ways to read Java's Journey ?
Has Java written any books?
Yes she has.
What's There is Cherce: Java Bean Rush's Incomplete Guide to Online Classic Movie Databases. You may go to its page and download it for free by clicking these words.
What makes a film "classic"?
Java's Journey has no set definition for "classic." It merely has the general criteria that the film discussed can be any movie that was released at some point before the '70s. We occasionally give honorary classic film status to a newer film.
Java freely interchanges the words "film" and "movie?" Doesn't the former indicate a movie of merit and the latter just a movie?
In the grand scheme of life, they are all "just movies."
Why the name Java Bean Rush?
It's an old internet joke that has nothing to do with enjoying coffee.
How do I contact Java?
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Comment on one of the blog pages.
- Member of the Classic Movie Blog Association (CMBA) since June 2010
- Member of the Large Association of Movie Blogs (LAMB) since summer 2010
- Stylish Blog Award given by Clara at Via 51
- Sweet Blog Award given by Flick Chick
- Liebster Blog Award given by Forever Classic
- Nominated 2010 CiMBA Award for Best Blog Design
- Nominated 2011 CiMBA Award for Best Film Review (Drama) and Best Profile of a Classic Movie Performer or Filmmaker
- Nominated 2012 CiMBA Award for Best Blog Design
- Nominated 2013 CiMBA Award for Best Profile of a Classic Movie Performer or Filmmaker and Best Blog Design
Other Notable Mentions
- Lamb Chopped in October 2010
- Java's Journey was hyperlinked by The New York Post in August 2012
- Java's Journey has been called "hysterical" and "one of the most bizarre" by Judy Garland biographer John Fricke.